Saturday, September 08, 2007

Surfing



Well, and while I'm posting, I may as well tell you about today. Christin and Steve and I all had the morning off work so we thought we'd try our hand at surfing. We've lived here over 8 months now and it's hard to believe we hadn't tried it until now. So we headed to the beach and rented a few boards for the day.

When we first got there we were having some trouble getting up. But there was a guy out there giving lessons - he called me and Chris over, and gave us a push a couple of times to get us going. And really, after catching that first wave it was a lot easier. Immediately after that we were both catching waves on our own. Steve did pretty well, too.

It was a blast. Needless to say we'll be doing a lot more surfing on our days off. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a board for my birthday.





6 Comments:

Blogger Marsie said...

Now Jesse will be TRULY jealous. Someday we'll come out there and he can surf with you! (I just like watching...)

9/09/2007 6:22 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

Hey, you went surfing! No problems with the shoulder, eh? That's awesome... I was truly bummed that your shoulder might keep you from surfing.

And dang those are some LONG boards ;) No doubt the best for beginners. I need to learn how to surf...

9/10/2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger heeble said...

Mar: yeah, just so Jesse knows, Maui is NOT known for its waves. good for beginners, but its rare the surf gets over 2 or 3 feet. unless you want to try Jaws.

Mike: man, my shoulder feels great nowadays, thanks for sayin. yeah, the boards are huge, but they make surfing really easy.

Both: you should try it - it's awesome.

9/10/2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Marsie said...

Yeah, I'm sure Jesse knows about the Maui waves. And I've watched enough surf movies to know about Jaws - Laird Hamilton lives by that wave! (I wonder if you've ever seen him around!) Jesse and the in-laws have tried to talk me into learning to surf, and the one time I went out with a board I lost it and it smacked me in the head! :)

9/10/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

ooo, ouch. i never hit MY head, but I think my board smacked a couple innocent bystanders a couple times :(

9/10/2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I... AM... JEALOUS!!! :) That looks SO awesome!

9/14/2007 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home