Sunday, January 15, 2006

Part 2: I was sitting in auditorium seating watching a religion speaker give a talk. After it was over and people started standing up to leave, a lady in the front pointed at me and called that she wanted me to teach a class for the next hour of church. I really felt overloaded in my church callings, but I agreed. She handed me a church manual and led me down a hallway to where I'd be teaching. There were about 5 little black kids, about 6 yrs old in age. I opened the manual and started reading the scriptures it listed, out loud. They were very strange - they talked about a palace or a temple that you knocked on the door. 31 wives would answer and invite you in. If you refused, you were killed. If you agreed, you were let in to a padded room, with the ability to advance in the nation's army.

One of the girls asked a question about an angel called "acquisition" and where she came from. There was a 15 minute break for dessert (which was peaches & bananas) so I looked up the name in the Bible dictionary while munching peaches. A boy asked me what I was eating and I said, "Peaches, they're delicious!" cause they were, but he ended up picking a banana instead. I found the name in the dictionary and turned to where it referenced her. Instead of scriptures, I was referred to a news-like entry about awful superbowl people. The beginning of the article talked about one superbowl winner who only signed autographs with his [edited for the children's sake]. It then went on to talk about Acquisition, who was a rich, spoiled girl (like Paris Hilton). It included a picture of her wearing a dress with a shear top so nothing was left to the imagination up top. She had gone around in front of cameras at halftime bragging she was wearing nothing underneath the dress.

next scene: I was in "our" backyard but it really wasn't. It was a beautiful day with impossibly green grass and a blue sky overhead. Someone had thrown or taken my accordion [in its case] over the west side of the fence, so I had to climb it and jump over it (the fence) to get the accordion. When i picked it up, it much lighter than usual, so I suspected someone had taken it out of the case & left the case. I opened it, but the accordion was in there. I figured I just must be stronger in my old age and walked to where a gate in the fence was. My dad was working on the fence at that end so a section of the fence was gone, so I went out that way instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home