Friday, March 24, 2006

back to my roots

A business partner & I had designed a security system for stores, designed to stop shoplifters. It worked by somehow unconsciously asking people if they were stealing or not, and then sensing the answer from people.

So I was on my bike next to a lake, when there’s another girl biking along crazily and basically terrorizing the other park users. I tried following, but she was going very fast and I couldn’t quite keep up. People in the park kept pointing this fact out to me, which was really annoying.

When I do catch up to her, she’s stopped at a convenience store. She’s loaded her arms up with all different colors of popsicles and is on her way out – shoplifting.

My business partner & I are very disturbed about this, and we immediately go about trying to figure how she beat our security system. After examining the sensor and so forth, the only conclusion I can come up with is that this has been hypnotized. Either that or some king of “copy” spell has been cast on her so that she copies the caster exactly just in a different location. For example, the caster goes to his fridge and takes out an item, so the victim happens to be in a convenience store & grabs whatever. Our security system wasn’t picking it up because she just thought she was taking stuff out of her own fridge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amberae said...

very bizzare...

3/24/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

wow. You'd be rich if you invented such a security system. On the other hand, I find it fascinating that in your dream your mind processed the possibility that people's mindset/perception of reality supercedes actualy reality in such circumstances.

3/25/2006 3:52 AM  
Blogger heeble said...

yeah, too bad it would never be marketable. it's getting a little too close to Minority Report where you get punished for crimes you didn't commit. unless the system would only turn on a surveillance camera to catch the actual act or something.

3/25/2006 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home