Sunday, March 05, 2006

It’s much more fun to flip people off to their face.

Now this story may leave people with their opinion of me somewhat lowered. So if you're easily offended, or want to keep your bright, shiny vision of me, you should stop reading at this point.

So here’s a little background on the story. In my apartment, I have always done my own dishes. I can’t stand the stupid little fights that start over who’s not doing their dishes, who’s not taking out the trash, etc. So one night, not too long before Christmas break, I’m in bed when my roommate calls me out of my room. Now you have to understand, Sean’s not a bad kid, but he’s one of those cocky SOBs that really get on my nerves. So anyway, he calls me out of my room and starts laying into me that I should do the dishes. “How about you do some dishes, man?” So I said, “How about I give you the finger (and yes, I flipped him off) and then I go back to bed?” Needless to say it shocked him pretty good (which was the point), and I could hear him going on about how he was going to pray for my sinful soul and whatnot.

The next day he saw my sister and said, “Guess what your brother did to me last night?” And mini says, “Did he flip you off? Yeah, he does that.” Then she told him about how she flips her roommate off all the time, too. Anyway, this just added to the sweet, sweet shock value.

Mini and I started discussing it and came to the conclusion that we hadn’t taken it quite far enough. So we made a little Christmas card for Sean, pictured below. On the back of the picture I wrote, “Merry F’ing Christmas” and then left the card on his bed when we left for the break.


When I came back from the break, the following poster was on my wall, along with the following inscription.



So it was a fun little exchange. And if I was a total idiot and didn’t know who had left the poster, he had left the rough draft of the inscription on the back of one of his homework assignments, crumpled up in the middle of my floor. Now, he had to have done that on purpose, right? Good ol’ roommates, eh?

21 Comments:

Blogger Amberae said...

Heeble, right on, my fine friend. I love it. You're great, you know that? And you make me laugh and I also enjoy the occasional flip off shock thinger. yeah... BAM! flippin' people off...

haha...

3/05/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

Opinion lowered? Opinion RAISED, woo!

When I read that bit about "How bout I give you the finger and go back to bed" I just rolled back in my chair and let out a good cackle (good thing there's not too many people left in the office).

The picture is especially great, the big cheesy smiles with the bird.

I remember the days when my brothers and I would try to flip each other off as creatively as possible... good times, man.

3/06/2006 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my dearest butterfly, princess butterfly? Hmmmmmm. No, I don't get it. What I DO get is how rad this story is. Well done! Keep up the blog, Heeble! It is a true delight to read.

3/06/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

yeah, i never really got the whole retaliation gag - he just seemed to be trying too hard or something. oh, well. it's nice to know if i ever do something to him again the revenge won't be all that bad. in fact, i left the poster up for a couple months cause i think belle is hot.

3/06/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger T.J. said...

It is way more fun to flip people off to their face. Infact, I can't ever remember flipping someone off behing their back (although, it has come to my attention recentley that i do that). Thanks for the laugh (clever title).

3/06/2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger T.J. said...

I wish I had a poster of Belle (sigh).

3/06/2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

that comment about you is really what reminded me of this story. if it'd known you would read my blog, i would have dedicated this story to you, TJ. so, consider this a late dedication.

3/06/2006 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ, do you think that anonymous knows who you are because you flip people off behind their backs? or was he just bein stupid and guessin' that you did that. because i can't see you doing that... yeah, you'd give 'em the finger to their face.... yeah! BAM!

3/06/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

Yeah when Tj said "although, it has come to my attention recentley that i do that" (flip people off behind their backs) I figured it was a sarcastic reference to anony's accusations.

Belle is alright, heeble... But I always liked Ariel from Little Mermaid better. The best part is, your roomate probably thought his comeback was just scorching... man he burned you, eh?

3/07/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger T.J. said...

Amber, you can't see me flipping you off because it's behind your back. Duh.

Thanks for the dedication, Heeble. That picture of you and your sister kills me. I laugh every time I see it.

Besides, I only flip off my friends. So, this one is for all of you...

3/07/2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Amberae said...

That freakin' cracked me up. I've been laughing at this blog stuff all day. TJ, have you been to Josh's blog? Its hilarious.

Heeble... what does heeble mean anyway?

3/07/2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

ah, yes, Ariel is a close second. but belle gets extra points because she fell in love with a hideous beast with a heart of gold. all the other disney princesses seem to fall for the prince charmings without even talking to them. lust at first sight, eh?

OK, I'll esplain it again - heeble really means nothing and anything you want it to. in an a moment of rage it'd be, "why you little heeble, i'm going to kill you!" or as a noun, "what the heeble?" I used to make up words as a kid and this one just stuck as an internet nickname for some reason.

3/07/2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger Amberae said...

sweet... mine is defeminite.

3/07/2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/07/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

I've always wanted to delete a comment. Blogger is so messy like that-- makes you wonder "what did he SAY that was so shady that he decided to delete it?!" Alas, nothing shady. Just a comment in need of editing to make it read right.

Interesting comment there heeble on Ariel vs. Belle. I hadn't thought of that... I suppose in the other situations the girls are the ones who are "abnormal" and somehow win the love of the guy. Sleeping Beauty (who falls for someone that's comatose?), Ariel (a half fish), etc. It's all about someone scoring a spouse/lover that's outside their social level. I'll never look at those fairy tales the same again...

I guess Jasmine goes for the poor guy but you're right... the Beast definitely defies today's standards. Man I'm superficial.

"My teacher tells me real beauty is on the inside."
"That's just something ugly people say....."

As for me... I kinda like Shrek's version of fairy-tale love. 2 freaks that find each other in the world and are happy in their freakishness =D

3/07/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Amberae said...

I agree.. I hope I can find someone as freaky as me.

3/08/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger heeble said...

ah, good point about Shrek. a big AMEN to that. as for me, there are plenty of people as freaky as i am, but not many that are the right kind of freaky. if ya know what i mean.

3/08/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger Amberae said...

heeble, what would be the RIGHT kind of freaky? haha, that made me laugh.

3/08/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Mikie said...

Haha, I take it you've met some freaks that weren't the right kind of freak, heeble? Can't say I haven't, hehe.

3/08/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Amberae said...

Heeble................ I feel like we've become good friends! Thanks for puttin' my blog on yours, I'm honored.
Bam.

3/09/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

so you want to know the right kind of freaky? ah, so many inappropriate comments, so little space. but what i really mean is she just has to have the right sense of humor. not many girls have the same one as i do.

and not a problem for putting you on my links list, Amberae. not many people visit my site, so you'll just have to take it at the "it's the thought that counts" level. but i have to say that it's nice to have a good blog friend.

3/10/2006 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home