Sunday, April 02, 2006

Guster


So Mike and I went to a Guster concert in Orem on Friday night. If I had to describe it in one word, it’d be DAMN. If I was given four words, they’d be, damn it was good. If I was given six words, well, I’d just use the four and have a couple left over. But there’s really nothing like a live show to make you appreciate a favorite artist. The drummer was especially impressive to watch. He pretty much used his bare hands. A lot of the drums are just congas, but he also used his bare hands for cymbals and whatever else was up there.

Only two complaints. First, the doors were supposed to open at 6:00pm, but we stood in the freezing wind and a little rain for an hour before they let anyone in. And second, they didn’t play Fa Fa. What the H?! How can you play a concert without playing Jeff’s personal favorite and think you can get away with it?! Overall it was a great concert, tho. Thanks again for driving and the Beto’s, Mike.

(and the pic is actually the opening act, David Berkstrom or something.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mikie said...

You're welcome of course, and of course, thanks for getting the tickets and goin' with me. The music was just excellent, and I have to echo your comments-- nothin like a live concert to make you appreciate a band that much more. I only wish they played some more!

4/02/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home