Friday, January 20, 2006


Part 1: The sloans and I were in the street on the side of my house when I noticed something strange in the sky. I pointed this "wind rainbow" out to the others, and we all stopped to stare. It seemed not far away, but it was a stream of slouds in a perfect arc, moving so rapidly it looked like thin smoke. As we watched, the arc turned into flame. Shortly after that, another arc spurted out from the same source, but in another direction. Again, the smoky arc turned into flame. Then a strong gust of wind was suddenly on us, and we ran (as fast as we could against the wind) into some sort of shelter just off the road. I was the last one in, and I shut and locked the door behind me. Everyone else had taken cover somewhere in the small "house", and I noticed Mike huddling under a sink counter. I figured it would as good a place as any to duck. I ran to the counter and wrapped my arms around my knees (but not before grabbing a pack of gummi fruit off the counter). There was a huge rumbling. The house shook. And then in the midst of the rumbling somehow I knew the house had been lifted into the air in some sort of "rapture". I stayed in my huddle position, fearing the house would catch fire or break apart any minute, but then knowing that I was in the safest place I could have been at the time.

Also when the wind first came, I had my pillow in my hand for some reason, and I couldn't decide if I would be better off with the pillow against my face to shield it from the fire when it came, or if it would just melt onto my face and make things a lot worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home