Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This one's for Mike

Don't download these unless you're in the mood for mediocre covers of songs. This is me and my friend Jesse playing guitar in his basement. I'm the weak, bland voice that does most of the harmonizing. In usual slacker manner we usually practice for a while, do one take and call it good. It's fun. Anyway, it is what it is, and here it is.
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Dream
War is Over
don't know the name of this one
If downloading directly doesn't work, you can go here and download from there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikie said...

Sweet :)

MD seriously is awesome. What did you use to mix these, then?

I think it's great that you guys do that. I sorta wish I could play an instrument-- I suppose it's never too late to learn. There's something I really like about singing. As far as covers go... that's gotta be tough. The hardest thing for me would be coming up with my own "interpretation", as I tend to want to just sing it as someone else did and mimic them.

Remind me to bring my MD and my mic to Moab next time we go ;) Assuming we get good weather, eh. I missed the outrageously great time we had in October.

4/04/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger heeble said...

Yeah, it's fun. I'd love to take some singing lessons when I have some spare money and time. It's hard to love to play music but then to suck at singing along.

Nero's got a little track mixer thinger. it's probably not sophisticated but it does everything i need it to do.

And covers aren't too bad. Most people have a style, like Jesse and I just do accoustic guitars. Then I just make up my own harmonies, usually.

4/04/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

The accoustic guitar is definitely a cool way to do a cover. I guess I was thinking in terms of how you sing-- it's cool that you just make up your own harmonies :)

And I agree-- I think it'd be awesome to learn how to sing better. For some reason I think my vocal chords could be stretched farther than they currently go.

4/05/2006 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home