Thursday, February 09, 2006

a new pet


My cousin Matt was talking about how the dog that littered their new puppy had a second litter, but it wasn’t nearly as big. For some reason, all of a sudden we had a new little pet cheetah. Wasn’t much bigger than a household cat, but man, the little thing would just run everywhere. As I was walking by it, I noticed it was chewing on a wad of toilet paper or something, so I snatched it out of its mouth and headed into the bathroom to flush the wad. The whole toilet was filled with garbage, but I didn’t care. I tossed the wad on top and flushed it all down. The cheetah had followed me into the bathroom to see what I’d do with its precious wad, and jumped up on the rim of the toilet to watch everything swirl around & disappear. Then the cheetah did the stupidest thing possible – it stock its paw into the mess & got sucked in – I watched as the pipe first swallowed its head, then its body, then its tail & legs. I was horrified! How was I going to explain to the family that I’d flushed & drown the family pet? I reached in, & luckily the pipes were small enough that the animal didn’t get far – I was able to grab hold of the end of its tail and pull it out. When I got it out, however, the thing wasn’t breathing. A horrible thought went through my head – I’d have to give it CPR & bring it back to life. I plopped the dripping wet cat onto the tile floor and positioned myself to give mouth to mouth. Luckily, it woke up by itself & went scampering into another room. It was still soaking wet & scared & looked half its normal size with all the hair stuck flat to its body.

7 Comments:

Blogger heeble said...

and BTW, the picture is of the wet cheetah passed out on its back.

2/09/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mikie said...

Yeah after reading the story I could tell what it was perfectly. Haha, that's awesome. I think the pencil drawings are such a great addition to the dream logs.

2/09/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Travis Butterfield said...

that's so gross. ewwww. I'm feeling really creeped out. I can't even imagine sticking my hand down the pipe of a toilet to save a cheetah, and then actually considering giving it mouth to mouth. That would be the most traumatic thing ever. Can you imagine the amount of germs you'd be getting in your mouth? Ugh. I think I'm going to go vomit . . .

2/09/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a toilet filled with garbage no less, haha. wait, i guess that could still be better than the alternative, i suppose. still gross, tho.

2/09/2006 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a cheetah? c'mon... am i missing something?

2/10/2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah and i just read the rest of your blog. This is the most bizarre blog i've seen. thanks.

2/10/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... you've got a good point there. maybe i should rename the blog so newcomers have an idea what's goin on here. i'll give it some thought. oh, and if you have any interpretations of these dreams, feel free to let me know!

2/10/2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home